Wednesday, November 27, 2013

y = a(1 - r) to the power of x [part one]


This morning I awoke to look through myself in the mirror. This new symptom of my singular condition, although long theorized and manifesting on schedule, terrifies me. How could it not? As I type this now I find it difficult to impart the necessary force to depress the keys. I am with increasing frequency disintegrating. These are the last words of a man fading from existence. I will then attempt to be brief, so that I may convey a lifetime of experience in the few moments I have left. 
At the age of fifteen it first became evident that something was terribly wrong with me. While I appeared outwardly healthy and continued to grow in size, I was in fact decreasing in mass. A neighboring mathematician and close family friend, acting on a hunch he would later call insane, began measuring me daily. Over time a pattern emerged and his most outrageous fears were confirmed, I was decaying exponentially.
[To be continued tomorrow.]

1 comment:

  1. ...waiting for next installment. You've definitely piqued my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete